Welcome to the Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forums. Part of the Rocks and Ruts Off-Road Powersports Community Network

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What kind of safety apparel are you guys wearing when riding your Grizzly?

Discussion in 'Grizzly ATV Rider Apparel and Safety Gear Forum' started by Butch450, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

As the title states...

Post up info on what helmets, boots, gloves or whatever other safety apparel you guys wear when out riding. Or post up if you don't wear anything at all. For years I was just wearing a helmet until I cracked a few ribs during a rollover. Since then I wear a chest protector as well. I wear regular work boots when working around the property and plowing but whenever I hit the trails now I am usually wearing the following....

SIDI Adventure Touring boots are what I wear now for my feet and they have been an awesome pair of riding boots so far. They say they are water resistant not water proof, but they have kept my feet dry even when riding through mud and water. They are also very comfortable and easy to move around in while still offering up great protection and support.

I wear TLD helmets but carry an extra helmet on trips that is an older HJC in case my TLD gets all mudded up and I don't have the means to clean it properly on the trip. I won't say much about it since you can just read my review for it here!

I have used the Fox titan sport jacket (which was way too hot and uncomfortable) as well as an Acerbis Koerta roost deflector (too bulky and uncomfortable as well) but now use the TLD CP 5900 Chest Protector. Again I won't say too much since you can read my review of it here!

I also use RZ Mask dust masks for riding all those dusty coal trails we tend to frequent. Again I won't say too much since you can read my review of it here!

2. Gaderider13

Gaderider13 New Member

I wear just the usual pants, jersey, gloves, full face. Boots i swap between aplinestar tech2s and muck boots. I also wear RZ masks, and recently found another product sold at lowes, Mission Enduracool buffs. Bought a couple cheap, they work to wick away sweat, want to try them for a dust/sweat mask lol.

3. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

@Gaderider13 Got a link all I seem to find are bandannas and towels.